Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Boy, 5, dies after getting head stuck in rotating restaurant

April 15, 2017 2:57 AM
35 0
Boy, 5, dies after getting head stuck in rotating restaurant

A five-year-old boy died after getting his head stuck between a wall and a table at a rotating restaurant in downtown Atlanta on Friday.

The family was dining at the Sun Dial restaurant, which is located at the top of the Westin Peachtree Plaza, when the child wandered off from their window table, Atlanta police spokeswoman Officer Stephanie Brown told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The automatic shut off stopped the floor from rotating while hotel security and staff came to the boy's aid.

He died of head injuries an hour later at a local hospital, Atlanta's WSB-TV reported.

"There was a tragic accident at the hotel involving a young boy,” Westin Peachtree Plaza Manager George Reed said in a statement. “Words cannot express the depths of our sorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.”

Source: torontosun.com

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0