Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Charles Dutoit to be replaced by Joshua Weilerstein after misconduct allegations

December 30, 2017 3:51 PM
54 0
Charles Dutoit to be replaced by Joshua Weilerstein after misconduct allegations

Several major symphonies cut ties with Dutoit after reports of sexual assault which conductor denies

Joshua Weilerstein will replace Charles Dutoit and lead performances with the New York Philharmonic following sexual assault allegations against the renowned conductor.

The New York Philharmonic made the announcement Friday and said its French program spotlighting Ravel "remains unchanged."

Several major symphonies cut ties with Dutoit after The Associated Press reported last week that three opera singers and a classical musician said Dutoit sexually assaulted them in incidents between 1985 and 2010.

Weilerstein is the artistic director of the Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne. From 2011-2014, he was an assistant conductor of the New York Philharmonic.

Source: cbc.ca

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0