MONTREAL—Emergency crews have been called to a Montreal school where more than a dozen children were suddenly overcome by illness today.
A spokesman for the ambulance service says students at Ecole des Decouvreurs in the city’s LaSalle neighbourhood reported nausea, dizziness and vomiting. Between 15 and 20 people were affected, including one adult.
The illness could be related to carbon monoxide poisoning, but the cause has not been confirmed, says Stephane Smith of Urgences-Sante.
Paramedics are on site to assess the children and the adult. According to the ambulance service, 15 children and one adult were taken to hospital.