Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Tonight Show cancels Norm Macdonald after MeToo comments

September 12, 2018 10:29 PM
14 0

NEW YORK—Norm Macdonald’s comments about the MeToo movement and fellow comedians Louis C.K. and Roseanne Barr led to the The Tonight Show cancelling his appearance and spurred apologies from the comedian that could bring their own problems.

The former Saturday Night Live cast member told The Hollywood Reporter he was “happy the # MeToo movement had slowed down a little bit.” Macdonald said people used to receive a second chance, but now “there is no forgiveness.”

Macdonald mentioned Louis C.K, who was accused of sexual misconduct, and Barr, who was fired from her show in May.

“There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, ‘What about the victims?’ But you know what? The victims didn’t have to go through that,” Macdonald said.

Then in an interview with radio host Howard Stern on Wednesday morning while explaining and apologizing for his remarks, Macdonald said “You’d have to have Down syndrome not to feel sorry” for the victims of sexual misconduct.

He had already tweeted an apology Tuesday night saying he would never defend the actions of Barr and C.K.

“If my words sounded like I was minimizing the pain that their victims feel to this day, I am deeply sorry,” Macdonald tweeted.

Also read: Reggie Watts’ musical mirth doesn’t need to be explained any more

Source: thestar.com

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0